Monday, October 17, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch


Yesterday, we had a delightful family outing at the Pumpkin Patch! Watching our children have fun is one of our greatest joys. Taking them to see new things, learn, and enjoy life is such a thrill! Life's road isn't easy, but the beautiful moments along it's path are priceless. Even the smallest of miracles like a smile on Sevilla's face or the mischievous twinkle in Vienna's eyes, the cooing noises of our baby who doesn't yet know how to talk, or the ramblings of our toddler who is daily learning new words.








Parenthood is full of ups and downs, feeling inadequate, daily being on your knees begging God for wisdom, and trying your best. All the sacrifice, the sleep deprivation, the lifting, the diapers, the tantrums, the messes, the discipline is all so worth it in light of their little giggles, their unique personalities, their unwavering love, and their eternal souls. Wow, I am in awe at the goodness of God in entrusting our two little angel babies to us. I love them more than I can begin to describe. They are such a gift. May I cherish each moment, even in the midst of often not having it all together. Even though I am weak, God is strong and He will meet their every need.








Truth is, as a mother, it is vital to wake up with a contagious joy that overflows to my children. I am often unsuccessful at this, but my heart longs to be. I want them to witness a faith, a love, a joy that they will want to have. Yes, children must be instructed, but let us not forget that the way they learn best is by observation. Just like they pick up on the things we'd rather they didn't...they also see and learn from our positive examples. I want to model for my kids what it means to be a devoted lover of Christ, a faithful loving wife, a patient and caring mother, a sacrificial servant to others in need. I have SO very far to go, but I know that life's path is one step at a time and God does not expect for us to "arrive" all in one day :) We must live out for our children what we want them to become...it's more than words we must put before them.




















1 comment:

  1. Thank you...I needed to read this. You put into words what I have been wishing for:

    "Truth is, as a mother, it is vital to wake up with a contagious joy that overflows to my children. I am often unsuccessful at this, but my heart longs to be. I want them to witness a faith, a love, a joy that they will want to have. Yes, children must be instructed, but let us not forget that the way they learn best is by observation. Just like they pick up on the things we'd rather they didn't...they also see and learn from our positive examples. I want to model for my kids what it means to be a devoted lover of Christ, a faithful loving wife, a patient and caring mother, a sacrificial servant to others in need. I have SO very far to go, but I know that life's path is one step at a time and God does not expect for us to "arrive" all in one day :) We must live out for our children what we want them to become...it's more than words we must put before them."

    ReplyDelete