Friday, March 26, 2010

Learning life's lessons...

So I was feeling pretty upbeat about the day and totally inspired to start blogging again. No sooner do I put up a post yesterday full of positive thinking about our wonderful life...

Baby begins having a screaming fit! I pick her up, she doesn't stop

I try to nurse her...doesn't work either for a while. When she finally latched on, she bites down really hard, TWICE...OUCH! I yell out in pain, she screams louder

my tailbone shifts or something to a spot I really don't think it should be in cuz my pain increased. (I've had pain in my tailbone area since Vienna's birth which btw, I'm finally going to have x-rays today!)


My "perfect little world" on the blog, crashed within seconds of me posting...literally! I began to get discouraged and then suddenly I smiled...My blog readers will think everything is perfect and there I sat, in pain, cradling a screaming child, dishes piled up and not enough time in a day to do the list of projects I had planned to accomplish! lol.

The truth is, I LOVE my life...I truly do...I feel so blessed to have a baby that CAN scream...so many are too weak to cry in this world. So many mother's can't have children, so many have lost a child.

I CAN nurse my baby...so many woman don't have enough nutrition in their bodies to feed a child...so many are dying themselves.

I CAN sit down...so many have no cushion between their bones and the skin that covers them...they live in so much pain, they can't even feel anymore. I may be in tears when I rise after sitting...they don't even have enough bodily fluids to cry anymore...that is their life...misery...no hope.

Why do I even have the audacity to complain? I'm so spoiled! So sheltered from the outside world full of hurt and pain. I LOVE MY LIFE...and I am so grateful. Such a good reminder. It took pain, a crying child, a day where I wasn't in total "control" for my eyes to be opened. I have such a long way to go in the process of growing up! I am just a spoiled child. Thankfully God is patient. Oh how I love Him.

Just wanted to share these thoughts that were going on in my head yesterday. It was quite a morning...and God has taught me lots through it.


Now on to "baby news"...You thought I'd forget didn't you? Well, apparently Vienna's daddy really wants her to fall in love with the game of basketball. When we come home and kids are out playing basketball (we have a court right outside our door), he explains what they are doing and pauses to let her watch. The other night, Vince was watching basketball highlights with her as she relaxed on his chest...she seemed to be enjoying herself thoroughly (I like laying on Vince's chest too but I have to share cuz I don't think we'd both fit!) I was able to catch the moment with a few snap shots...






1 comment:

  1. This is such a great lesson to be learned. I really needed to hear it! Thanks for the post:)
    Those pictures are just precious! Can't wait for future posts!!

    ReplyDelete