Thursday, March 25, 2010

Random life musings...

This poor blog is pretty much just a "web space filler" at the moment...but I've been totally inspired by the movie "Julie & Julia" about blogging. I used to do it often and have let it slip away from me. So much going on, many relatives living far away...two very good reasons to start blogging about life again.

Today when I woke up I realized it was chilly outside because I immediately grabbed for more covers. I know I need to enjoy the cool weather, for all too soon it will be a mercilessly hot summer here in San Antonio and I will be dreaming of cool days with jackets and sweaters. I think the reason I'm so anxious for summer this year is because I have a baby! I want to take swimming AND I absolutely LOVE seeing her chubby arms & legs...when it's warm, I pull out the sundresses! My favorite :)

Vienna is our daily delight. Watching her learn is so precious. Her newest adventure is that of drinking water out of mommy & daddy's glasses. She does amazing at it...hardly any down her chin, most of it actually gets in her mouth! Very impressive...she must have her daddy's "smarts" :)

Vince & I are doing well. Life seems to ever have obstacles to face but we are grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow & our prayer is to become more like Christ through it all...easier said than done! haha. Waking up every morning with my best friend beside me is truly the most precious gift, fighting life's battles on his team has filled me with unspeakable joy. Knowing that each night, no matter how tired I am, I can curl up in his arms and hear the beating of his heart...a heart that beats for me...wow, love is truly amazing!

Yesterday marked 14 months since our marriage began. Wow, what a full 14 months! Celebrated with a Salmon dinner, & a chocolate cream pie for dessert(another inspiration I gained from watching Julie & Julia...I need to enjoy more cooking time in the kitchen) all the while hearing the giggles from our little angel...life is sweet :) You may laugh that we have such "random" holidays like a 14 month anniversary...well, let's just say I happened to have the time to make things a little special so I grabbed at the chance. Makes up for all the "real holidays" I haven't had time for! lol.

Signing off for now...See you again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Too CUTE!!! She is getting so big! It takes alot of talent to drink
    out of a glass cup at that age and I would say that came from Nikkae and not Vince. :P

    Kristalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for commenting Kristalyn! I told Vince about your comment and he pouted...lol. jk. We laughed pretty hard...ur a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete