Wednesday, July 28, 2010

2 Years as best friends...


I'm so behind on posting our happenings of late...where does the time go? Goodness! I feel like I just blink and days pass. One very important "anniversary" for us, was last weekend. July 24, 2008 I met the man that 6 months later, would marry me! He has been my anchor, my kindred spirit, my lover and my best friend. No greater love could I have ever imagined.

After corresponding and talking on the phone, we met on a hot summer day at the airport in San Antonio. Eager anticipation was making my heart race as I waited to meet the man who had become such a wonderful friend...
The day we met was like magic. For some strange reason, I knew that the guy standing before me would be the one I would fully give my heart to and share life with. Every day since, has been a learning and growing experience. We have had to mature, to learn about each other more fully, and to work together as a team. Though at times, life's trials beat us up and cast us down, God grace and strength remain and His blessings fill our cup to overflowing. Now, two years later we are married and have a beautiful daughter. Our story may sound strange, it is unusual, it may be shocking, but it is truly amazing how the Lord bound our hearts together. My first kiss belonged to Vince...I had saved it for him and it was sweeter than anything I have ever known.

Last Saturday night I surprised Vince with a date night out to all our "old places". First stop was the airport where we first laid eyes on each other. Secondly, a picnic dinner (which ended up being enjoyed in our van due to the bugs who wanted to feast on our flesh). And lastly, we went out for dessert where we had our first "date" (even sat at the exact table) and read our old love letters to each other. My how time flies...two years can bring all sorts of life changes!

Marriage, though fun and joyous, is full of hard work and selflessness. Vince has modeled to me what it truly means to live for another person. I am learning so much of what true love is from him...and it is beautiful! So thankful to God for loving me more than I deserve and for giving me the heart of a man who is my earthly channel of that love.







No comments:

Post a Comment