Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lessons in Love

I'm sitting here thinking about the endless "to do" list that needs to be accomplished before heading off to teach tonight. All of the loose ends I'd like to have tied up before leaving for Michigan with Vienna tomorrow. In the midst of all the hustle and bustle of preparation, grocery shopping, cleaning up around the house, taking care of baby, making sure my hubby gets fed, I am reminded of God's love. I know, kind of random huh? The thing is, God has so graciously given me a man in my life that mirror's His love to me so I am daily struck with a glimpse of my God's love as it flows through my husband and on to me. It's a precious love, one that strikes me as not of this world...one that I could have only dreamed of but now, the fairytale is my life. Don't get me wrong, there are rough days, misunderstandings, things don't always go as planned, I cry, we fail...but that's just life.

The beauty of a sacrificial love...a love that can only come from God, fills our home. Each morning, instead of waking up and feeling the stale feeling of it just being the same as the day before, I have a fresh love for the man laying beside me. It doesn't matter what I say or do wrong, it doesn't matter how grumpy I get...Vince constantly shows me what it means to love no matter what, to be patient, to be humble, to ask forgiveness, to be the first to give up his own desires that he might make me feel more loved. Isn't that the way our Lord desires us to all be to each other? Too often, I fear that our love and kindness to each other as Christians is lost in an attempt to prove what is right. We often get caught up trying to see justice done, or wrong righted...but when the spirit of God's love is lost, it is all for naught. In 1 Corinthians 13 it says how you can do many good things but if you have not love, it is pointless.

Let's show the love of Christ today in what we say and do...to ALL those around us...even when they are undeserving.

And of course, I will conclude the post with pictures of Vienna :)













1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikkae , (I hope I spelled that right), I am Kristy, Astrud's mom. I wanted to to tell you that this post was beautiful and so true. It sounds like our husbands have alot in common. The most attractive beautiful thing to me is when God's love shows thru him, and it does everyday. As Vienna gets older and you see her daddy with her, I promise you that you will fall in love with him even more and more everyday. Watching Astrud and her father together is incredible to me,and as I witness that everyday I can see how God has touched their relationship in an unshakeable way. As long as you have God and real love in your life it will shine thru you and your relationships.

    You are so right about when God's love is lost....he wants us to love each other the way he loves us.

    Again your post is very beutiful and true. It is nice to kind of meet you. I have heard so many wonderful things about you. Vienna is a precious baby. I have been blogging for about 3 years. We have been on a 4 1/2 yr journey to our babygirl in China. Astrud will not be the baby for long, we are starting all over!! lol... We are so very close to finally seeing a picture of our daughter, like hopefully next week!!!! It is a crazy time around here , so feel free to follow the rest of our journey to our Franceska. I also wanted you to know that your brother Anthony is such a sweet young man, he has a really good head on his shoulder and is so respectful of our Astrud. I will stop for now, I could talk forever so I pray your trip is a safe and blessed one. God bless all of you.

    Love and blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete