Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Day to Remember...

Yesterday, both Vince and I had off work for the ENTIRE day! This doesn't happen often (except for Sundays and those can be quite busy) so we wanted to make the most of it and head out for some adventure and fun :)

Place of choice: Enchanted Rock in Fredricksburg. I climbed the rock several years ago but Vince had never been. We hadn't yet done an outdoor activity like this together and were excited to enjoy God's creation for an afternoon.

With Vienna in a pack on Vince's back, we started to climb. I didn't remember having any trouble the first time, years ago, but the combination of heat and climbing in the middle of the afternoon had me feeling nauseated...a common feeling for me during pregnancy :) With a patient Hubby waiting for me as I often took rests, we finally made it to the top...what a beautiful sight!














Vienna loved it! She "talked" and giggled the whole way up...mostly due to playing with the back of daddy's hair. haha. Once at the top, we found a cave and rested in it's cool shelter. Upon heading back down, Vienna fell fast asleep, in spite of bouncing up and down with each of her daddy's steps.






It was a long day for our baby girl!




The day will not soon be forgotten. Such sweet memories will ever be held dear. Being with the ones I love most, sharing the beauty of God's creation, talking, laughing, enjoying my best friends. We needed that day away...a chance to let go of the endless "to do lists", the pressure that often comes with life, the rush of every day. Remember to slow down and drink in the moments with the ones God has given you. Time is so short...too short not too!

1 comment:

  1. Nikkae, I love that picture of you & Vienna cheek to cheek. SO sweet! What a fun special day together as a family!

    ReplyDelete